Volkswagen-owned Spanish car maker SEAT has had meetings with 30 local car dealers in order to start selling cars in China in April next year. SEAT León and SEAT Ibiza have been presented in the 2011 Auto Shanghai exhibition and it is expected they can be sold in 2012 by the time of the Beijing car exhibition. All the cars to be sold in China initially will be produced in the SEAT factory in Martorell (Barcelona province), together with the Audi Q3. SEAT has been renamed as XiYaTe (西雅特) for the Chinese market.
- Business meeting China – Catalonia in Barcelona to promote investments
- Conference in Barcelona about the Chinese strategy towards global leadership
- Barcelona holds a training session on “Business, Company and Protocol in China”
- Catalan movie “Barcelona, nit d’estiu” displayed in Taiwan’s Euro Style Festival
- Barcelona citizen rescues HTC CEO from traffic jam and takes him to the MWC