The president of the Catalan government, Artur Mas, has offered Catalonia to Chinese companies to estabish in the area and to use it as a base for expanding their businesses to south western Europe, northern Africa and the Mediterranean area. In his speech at the 6th edition of the Spain China Forum, Artur Mas has announced that government is working to make Catalonia attractive for foreign investors, specially for Chinese companies. He has also stated that Catalonia is already the Spanish autonomous community with a greater relationship with China and that with every passing day there is an increase in the relationship between companies from both countries, as well as an increase in both the trading and touristic activities. Finally, he has remembered the Chinese community in Catalonia (around 50,000 people) and how their roots are getting deeper into the Catalan society.
- Business meeting China – Catalonia in Barcelona to promote investments
- Conference in Barcelona about the Chinese strategy towards global leadership
- Barcelona holds a training session on “Business, Company and Protocol in China”
- Catalan movie “Barcelona, nit d’estiu” displayed in Taiwan’s Euro Style Festival
- Barcelona citizen rescues HTC CEO from traffic jam and takes him to the MWC